Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Crocheted Pumpkins | A Pattern

I've been seriously slacking on my DIY posts, so I thought I'd share a quick and easy pattern for some festive little crocheted pumpkins that I turned into a garland, because well,  I'm a sucker for a good seasonal/holiday garland.

These literally work up in minutes, and you can make as many or as few as you'd like!








Materials:
I used a size H (5.00 mm) crochet hook, a larger or smaller hook will produce a larger or smaller pumpkin.

A small amount of worsted weight yarn. I used Vanna's choice in Terra Cotta and some scrap green yarn.

Instructions:
Chain 3, slip stitch into top of first stitch to create circle round to work within.
Chain 1, 10 hdc into center of round.
Slip stitch into top of chain 1 stitch.
Chain 1, 2 hdc into each stitch in round (20 hdc). 
Slip stitch into top of chain 1 stitch.
Chain 1, *1 hdc in first stitch, 2 in the next. Continue from * around (30 hdc).
Slip stitch into top of chain 1 stitch.
Slip stitch into center of original round to create indent on top of pumpkin.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
With green yarn, insert hook through center of pumpkin and slip stitch.
Chain 3.
SC in 2nd chain from hook, sc once more, then slip stitch back through center of yarn. 
Tie off, pull all yarn through to back of pumpkin, and weave in ends.

Use however you'd like! To create a garland, I strung mine on jute twine.
-J

2 comments:

  1. I like your pumpkin garland - thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! You are so very welcome, hope to share more in the future!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics